Wednesday, February 7, 2007

NCCAT




If you noticed there were no posts last week on this blog, it is because I had the BEST week of my educational career at NCCAT! I was lucky enough to attend NASCAR: Science on the Racetrack last week and I don't have the words to tell you how much I enjoyed it, and how much I learned! I feel renewed and envigorated! I got the privilege to attend with the best group of educators our state has to offer--people who were fun and caring! We met the most amazing people--the Petty family, engineers, employees at Petty Enterprises, Sam Bass, even people we talked to in restaurants that were involved with the motorsports industry (just to name a few)! The NCCAT staff is beyond incredible! We spent part of the week at Victory Junction Gang Camp and the rest of the week in Mooresville, where we toured Penske, participated in a pit crew exercise at PitCrewU, and toured the Sam Bass Gallery and Lowe's Motorspeedway! You just haven't lived until you've ridden around the Charlotte track in a 15 passenger van! On the right side of this blog, I've included links to a blog on our experience created by Robin Sawyer--from their you can see our web albums with pictures of our experience, and a photo of our pit crew! I am in the Motorcraft hat on the left! I urge each of our faculty members to apply to NCCAT--the options for learning are many!

No comments: